6th SCI World Conference 2017
At the Muni Seva Ashram
In Goraj, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
16-22 January, 2017
The conference will attract some of the most influential people in solar cooking from around the world, including scientists, thought leaders, executives, innovators, key policymakers, educators, experts and enthusiasts, as well as a wide range of interested observers.
We expect more than 800 attendees from over 25 countries.
The conference will forge new partnerships, maximize collaboration, offer best practices, and gather some of the best minds in the sector.
Topics: solar cooking, solar food processing, energy policy, and solar thermal industrial applications.
Conference participants may submit an abstract and/or nominate a conference theme or speaker. Travel funding applicants must submit a Travel Funding Application accompanied by an abstract to before April 29, 2016.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- -Minimum of 300 words, maximum of 500 words
- -Written in English
- -Font type Times New Roman, size 12 font, single spacing, justified left
- -Written in the 3rd person
- -Each abstract will include the purpose, results, and conclusions.
- -The title, author(s) (full name), affiliations, website, and contact information should be written and centered above the abstract in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double line spacing
NOMINATE A CONFERENCE THEME OR SPEAKER
- -Nominations are invited for additional conference topics, content, and/or speakers.
- -This can include a panel, workshop, training, networking event, action item, roundtable, etc.
- -Please describe the theme, a description of a speaker's work with link to relevant websites, and the level of involvement you would have in implementing it if it is accepted.
- -300-500 words in English.
Submissions for abstracts, speaker nominations, and conference content are especially encouraged on these themes:
- -Sustainable projects
- -Policy change
- -Scaling up
- -Movement building
- -Media and communications
- -Behavior change communications
- -Coalition building
- -Cross-sector involvement
- -Industry solar thermal applications
- -Solar food processing
- -Adoption and impact data, analysis, reporting
- Example: implementation of the Solar Cooking Adoption and Impact Survey (available at http://www.solarcookers.org/our-work/association-and-network/adoption-and-impact-survey/) or similar metrics
TRAVEL FUNDING APPLICATIONS
- -Authors will be informed by 27 May 2016 if they will be invited to submit a full paper or proposal for an oral presentation.
- -Travel funding awards will be given based on acceptance of a final paper received no later than 1 September 2016.
- -Full papers will have a maximum length of 10 pages.
- Deepak Gadhia, Muni Seva Ashram, India
- Julie Greene, Solar Cookers International, USA
- -Dr. Ajay Chandak, PRINCE India
- -Dr. Mrs. Janak Palta McGilligan,
- -Director, Jimmy McGilligan Center for Sustainable Development, India
- -Ghanshyam Lukhi, Tapi Food Products, Inc., India
- -Deepak Gadhia, Muni Seva Ashram, India
- -Julie Greene, Solar Cookers International, USA
Additional details and deadlines will be published in future editions of the Solar Cookers International Digest email newsletter. Sign up here to receive the Digest.