Highlights from COP26
Thank you for supporting SCI at the United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26)
Thanks to your support, SCI was able to share your voice and advocate on behalf of solar cooking and the 3 billion people still cooking over open fires. Because of you, SCI...
- Held 7 Press Conferences discussing the positive impacts of solar cooking. Click below to watch:
- Held 3 Side Events which included discussions at the World Health Organization Pavilion and Cryosphere Pavilion. Click below to watch:
- Had a virtual exhibit booth.
- Was recognized with a proclamation from Californian Congressional Representatives, congratulating Solar Cookers International on receiving the Keeling Curve Prize
- Was featured in press articles such as:
- And so much more!
Photo descriptions (left to right, top to bottom): SCI Executive Director Caitlyn Hughes, Karina Larsen of the UNFCCC Climate Technology Centre & Network, and SCI Science Director Alan Bigelow, Ph.D.; SCI's COP26 Press Conference featuring guest speaker Dymphna van der Lans, Executive Director or the Clean Cooking Alliance; and SCI Side Event at the Cryosphere Pavilion; SCI with representatives from the California State Legislature.
Photo credits: Rob Tyrrell