SCI offers many resources for international, national, and community solar cooking impact
Solar cooking basics
Download SCI's classic publication How to Make, Use, and Enjoy Solar Cookers
Buy your CooKit here
The CooKit saves more than four times its value in fuel each year. With careful use and storage, a CooKit can be used for many years, and can reduce firewood consumption by one ton each year.
Program and evaluation
SCI offers many high-quality tools to help collaborators gather valid data:
- Exploratory Resident Survey for Solar Cooking – assess community need and expressed desire for solar cooking (document will automtically download)
- SCI Adoption & Impact Survey – use this survey to gather a solar cooking project's baseline and post-distribution data and build your evidence base. We offer this survey in two different formats (Microsoft Word or Google Forms) for your convenience.
Post-Distribution Questions - use this survey to gather a solar cooking project's baseline and post-distribution data
Best practices in solar cooking project design - find more information on our Wiki page
- Quick Needs Assessment Survey – assess community need and expressed desire for solar cooking
SCI publications are a rich source of solar cooking information.
SCI has numerous resources to keep you up to date on what is happening in the solar cooking sector. Check out our blog for hot topics, and the Solar Cooking Wiki for news, events, and new content.
Click here to sign up to get news, opportunities, and impact stories delivered to your inbox.
Read about the work SCI supporters made possible. Available in print and electronic versions.
SCI Strategic Plan
SCI Advocacy resources
Use these SCI tools to boost your solar cooking advocacy efforts
- How Solar Cooking Aligns With All 17 Sustainable Development Goals (Summary And Full Paper)
- Solar Cookers International General Statement