Vegan and Grain Free Cookie Recipe
Long-time SCI supporter, Susan, shares her favorite cookie recipe that meets a variety of special dietary needs and restrictions. Enjoy a special treat under the sun with your solar cooker and these easy-to-follow instructions.
Chocoflax Cookies - vegan, grain-free, gluten-free, and sugar-free
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 6 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder (Example: Maya Sol)
- 6 Stevia packages (For example Pura Vía, or another sweetener according to your customs)
- Pinch of salt or 2 teaspoons of seawater.
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add 1.5 cups of water
- Mix with the dry ingredients and let sit for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Add 2 or 3 tablespoons coconut oil.
- Mix with the previous ingredients until it is changed with the oil such that it sticks to itself and not on your hand. (About two minutes or more)
- Spread on a piece of parchment paper (for baking) on your tray in a very thin layer
- Put in your oven for 15 to 25 minutes depending on the heat of the oven.