Celebrating 2019 Successes and Looking Ahead to 2020
As you and SCI move forward into 2020, let’s take a moment to celebrate the important impact YOU made possible in 2019.
Because of you, there are nearly 4 million solar cookers worldwide, positively directly impacting 14 million people.
With solar cooking, 14 million people, like Elizabeth and her son (pictured above), can breathe fresher air, drink cleaner water, and eat more nutritional meals. Environments are preserved and CO2 emissions are prevented. The whole world benefits.
In 2019 alone, you and SCI made great strides in the world of solar cooking. Together, we:
- Empowered more than 350 people in Kakuma Refugee Camp, Kenya with solar cooking technologies and training.
- Promoted solar cooking and its benefits in 26 global publications, including The New Yorker and The Washington Post.
- Demonstrated solar cooking at 21 events around the world, like at the Sacramento School of Science and Engineering.
- Advocated for solar cooking to top government leaders at 8 world conferences, including the United Nations Climate Conference.
- Established a 4th Performance Evaluation Process (PEP) testing station in Kenya – empowering the University of Nairobi to test the capacity of solar cookers from manufacturers across Africa.
- Secured agreements for PEP testing for 7 different solar cooker models – raising the caliber of the solar cooking sector.
- Empowered more than 3 billion people worldwide, like Elizabeth and her family, with solar cooking solutions, knowledge, and resources… thanks to you.
These successes are only possible because of you and your support. SCI is excited to move forward into 2020 with you - our valued supporters - to further the solar cooking movement and change lives globally. Thank you for being a part of this important journey.